Pages

 photo Home2_zps584dacc9.jpg  photo AboutMe_zps9f51f715.jpg  photo Discla_zps31000308.jpg

Wednesday 11 September 2013

Ohh Kaye.....Now where did it come from? - #SBBC

Today when I got home from uni, I realised that I didn't really want to do the beauty post for SBBC and opted for the lifestyle one and also I think it's good to break it up a little.

When I was thinking of a name for my blog, I didn't spend hours, days or weeks, it kinda just came upon me. I knew that I wanted to start a blog, one that was mainly focused on beauty related things, but I also wanted to set it up to allow for actual life blogging.

Now I don't know if you've ever been in that scenario when you're explaining something to someone or telling them a story and their reaction is an elongated okay. Yeah that's where it came from. Not from the word okay, but a combination of okay and my name, Kaitlyn. I've never been one for nicknames, because i mean there was already a heap of kates and katies, I just wasn't one of them. But I do like the idea of shortening my name on screen and I do like how Kai, looked but I was aware that it was a guy name! So I went with mixing the expression of an elongated okay with a shortened and fairly unique version of my name. I like that it's simple, and I hope it has come across that you do indeed pronounce it as 'okay'.

I later realised after I started to blog that it was a really neat name, and I've really fallen in love with it, because it kinda forces me and motivates me to put the effort and energy into my posts to make them the best quality, one because it's got my name in the title and it's also a decent bench line standard, aka everything has gotta be okay.

Hope that was a decent explanation, if you have any questions, feel free to ask, I'm not shy and I won't bite.....much :)

P.S. THANK YOU A MILLION!!!!! I know I am so very knew and I want to thank the 50 people who are now following my blog, I plan to do a giveaway when I reach 100, so stay tuned.

2 comments:

  1. Interesting post! I adore your name :) I can empathise.. My name is just plain Kate. Not Kathryn, Kaitlin, etc. I used to get called by my last name a lot at school because there were a lot of other Kates. C'est la vie! :D You got an awesome blog name btw - love it :D

    Kate Xx
    themintedbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete