Pages

 photo Home2_zps584dacc9.jpg  photo AboutMe_zps9f51f715.jpg  photo Discla_zps31000308.jpg

Thursday 26 September 2013

My Beauty History - #SBBC

Beauty History

In the grand scheme of things, there isn't really a history with me and beauty since I'm only 18 years old and I was never allowed to buy my own clothes or wear makeup and I had numerous restrictions on my hair all the way through high school. Therefore, I have little to share other then a handful of experiences.

Hair Experience - Disaster

I'm pretty sure I was 15 and at that point I'd never dyed my hair and was way to scared to do it myself and went out in search of something affordable. I was shopping with my mum when I saw that one of the local hairdressers were having a special on and it was perfect exactly what I wanted. That's what I thought at least. I knew I wanted to go lighter and was hoping they would help turn my dark brunette hair into something a little blonder, I even bought in a picture. Never ever been to a hair dressers before so what was I to expect, I could hardly speak to the lady doing my hair and sat in silence the entire time. In the end it cost more than the advertisement and it looked shit. I had really blonde streaks all through my hair and nothing blended, I was trying to look on the bright side, but looking back, I'm glad I decided to dye it back to a darker brunette color a few months later.

Foundation Matching - Disaster

Nearing my semi formal, I had no makeup (ahhhhh!) and my mum graciously offered to buy me some nice foundation and concealer for the big night. We went into the department store and went over to Estee Lauder's stall and the lady there was very helpful, but unfortunately it wasn't a customer service failure that led to my foundation not matching me, it was indeed the lighting. I was there in the store and all three of us agreed it matched but when I got home it was a noticeably two shades to dark. I lived with it for the semi formal but now I have a gorgeous formulation of foundation that I can't use. I suppose we all learn somehow.

Well this sort of turned into a little bit of a beauty disasters post, but those were two parts of my beauty history that have molded me to make better decisions. When it comes to fashion, I've never had anything bad happen although I do have a little clothing thing that I do that some of my friends find weird. I always wear shorts under my dresses and skirt, they're normally bike pants but I'm so terrified of flashing people that I always wear them.

What have been some of your successes and fails with beauty in the past?

No comments:

Post a Comment