Pages

 photo Home2_zps584dacc9.jpg  photo AboutMe_zps9f51f715.jpg  photo Discla_zps31000308.jpg

Sunday 29 September 2013

My earliest makeup memories #SBBC

In the world of makeup, I'm technically a newbie. Recently I turned 18 and only used for the first time when I was fifteen and that was for my semi formal which it kinda deemed appropriate and necessary. When it comes to early makeup memories, they weren't too long ago. I remember before I bought makeup, I was kinda against it and thought it was masking natural beauty but my views have completely changed (obviously!) to see makeup as something that doesn't remove or mask natural beauty but enhances it. I remember how I got into makeup and it wasn't to hide my acne that was outta control but actually because of something a little worse. I was going to a school were I had no friends and everyone was really fake and to be honest I really just wanted to fit in and not feel like crap around all these people. One day I was in class and these two girls were talking to me because we were doing a group activity and since I was a smart ducky we finished it early we were just chatting. One of the girls turned to me and asked me if I was wearing and makeup and I said no, I even added that I didn't own any makeup aside from a lip balm. The reaction from those two girls made me want to shoot my face off right then and there but instead of getting all said because they thought it was funny that I had never worn makeup other than for stage performances, I decided to take baby steps.

I started off very small trying out mascara, foundation, concealer and finding my best friend pressed powder. But if I had to say what sparked my interest in makeup it wasn't to fit in, or to stop being bullied or anything like that it was 100% from the enthusiasm and positive community that surrounded the beauty community on the internet. Clearly I learned everything off the internet since nobody in my family wears makeup, even my mum on chucks on the occasional lipstick. This positivity embraced anybody and everybody and it was exactly what I needed and just by trying out products that people mentioned or having a go at an inspired look, I felt apart of something.

I would love to know how you guys got into makeup, because everyone's story is different and stories are awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment