Pages

 photo Home2_zps584dacc9.jpg  photo AboutMe_zps9f51f715.jpg  photo Discla_zps31000308.jpg

Monday 2 September 2013

Fitness Routine

tumblr_mseknxypkX1sg76mvo1_400

Now by no means am I fit or healthy but recently I've been starting to get healthier and fitter but exercising and watching what I eat. Before I get started, I have a lower back injury as well as injuries all down my left leg which are ongoing and non-treatable so I do have to be careful what exercises I do and when I do them. The general gist to my regime is do what you feel comfortable when you can, because as much as I would like to push myself, it would probably make my life hell. When I started out a little over two months ago, I started doing 2k (roughly 1mile) runs in the morning and alternate with 5k morning runs on the days I weren't sore. Before I ran I made sure I stretched and had some water, because it's really important to keep hydrated. If I ever woke up and my leg or back was hurting I just wouldn't run at all because it does more damage than good.

In regards to exercise, I always paired the run with just a little bit of calisthenics. Once again, whatever I was comfortable, and in the past month while my back has been out, I have just been doing this really simple 4 minute routine.

Exercise Routine:


3 sets of 12 of Dips - On a chair or edge of a bed, place your palms firmly on the surface and slide your feet out from the surface a little bit and keep a sitting (90 degrees) position then dip down to the ground.


3 sets of 12 of Weighted Twists - On the ground lift your feet off the ground and balance on your bottom and with small dumbells (mine are 1.5kgs) twist from side to side.


3 sets of 12 of Push-ups - Now I can't do proper push-ups yet but if you can go full out but I do beginner ones where instead of balancing on your toes, you're on your knees. Remember to stay parallel.


3 sets of Crunches or Sit-ups - I alternate between crunches and sit-ups depending on how my back is feeling.tumblr_mses5puFLr1sg4hgso1_250


The main thing to remember is make sure you are doing things you are comfortable with because if you're hurting yourself you're most likely going to not want to do it again and hurting yourself in the process. Try to have fun with fitness, because I know that I hated sports at school and exercise in general just made me wanna be sick, but I wanna be healthier and I know that being healthier will help me in more ways then helping me get around uni without loosing my breath. I know for me it was what type of exercise I was doing that made the difference, I just love running and jogging, although it may hurt my leg a little, the outdoors is beautiful and very peaceful and it makes the time fly, whereas my sister who is also starting her fitness journey joined a gym because she likes the atmosphere better and likes the motivation she gets from paying the money, where I like the freedom.


No comments:

Post a Comment