Pages

 photo Home2_zps584dacc9.jpg  photo AboutMe_zps9f51f715.jpg  photo Discla_zps31000308.jpg

Thursday 19 September 2013

ERMAGHERD Storage - #SBBC

So I know most people who are doing the September beauty blog challenge and are doing today's post about storage will probably talk about how they store their makeup. My makeup is stored in a little more unconventional way; it's stored in various makeup bags in a large drawer in my desk. There is some organization to it though, the bags are organized from most frequently used to lesser used items, and therefore I find it incredibly easy to find things. Today's focus, however is not on makeup storage but the new addition to my room which caters for the storage and organization of many things, it's my new cube bookcase.

IMG_0395

I'd been wanting a bookcase for awhile since my collection had grown and no longer could fit in the limited space I was storing them in. I also needed somewhere better to store my perfumes and hand creams, since they were literally consuming my desk and a change was needed. The bookcase cost be around $50 dollars from Officeworks, and I have to say that it was the easiest thing I've even built in my life, although I got help from my mum, it was so stress free and we had it done in under an hour.

 

IMG_0397

This is my nail polish collection and I attempted to organize it by most used but it got a little scrambled. Although my collection isn't too big, there is a whole lot of room to improve and build it. Before I had the bookcase my nail polishes were stored in a very pretty box that was on my desk and I have to say that this is an improvement since now I can maneuver around the polishes easier and see the color better then getting a horrible mouthful of nail polish odor when opening my box.

IMG_0399Now this isn't all my perfumes and hand creams, but the ones that took up space on my desk and boy is it an improvement. They used to be placed right on the edge of my desk and I was always tipping them over, so this is a wonderful compromise.

So that's what's new in storage with me. Storage and organization is a big deal for me since I live in a ridiculously small room and have next to no space to work with and this new bookcase has kinda of been a life saver and plus it makes my room look really nice and a whole lot girlier. What are you storage and organization favorites?

1 comment:

  1. I love looking at pinterest for storage idea, there is a lot of inspiration x

    ReplyDelete