Pages

 photo Home2_zps584dacc9.jpg  photo AboutMe_zps9f51f715.jpg  photo Discla_zps31000308.jpg

Sunday 8 September 2013

Maintaining Healthy Hair - #SBBC

IMG_0330Everyone's hair is different and therefore everyone's method of maintaining healthy hair is different. I have struggled with my frizzy hair for years and continue to do so, and it got to the point where I thought that my hair wasn't healthy because it was also frizzy and/or wavy. I did learn that I could maintain healthy hair though and that having straight hair isn't what makes it healthy; more of a,"it's whats on the inside that counts" sort of deal. So here are my tips to maintaining healthy locks:

  • Wash your hair - Okay this is the most simple thing to put here but I've been surprised how many people I know who only use shampoo and don't see the point of conditioner and people who never frequently wash their. For me over the past year I changed from washing my hair once or twice a week to every other day, and the difference is spectacular, my hair always feels amazing. And when it comes to the importance of conditioner, think of it this way, think of shampoo being some sort of disinfectant that cleans hair and gets rid of all the nastys and conditioner puts all the goodness back in, things that add to shine and softness.

  • Protect your hair - If you're like me and addicted to straightening your hair or curling, you need to protect your hair. I'm currently using the Tresemme Heat Tamer Protective Spray and it's brilliant, I mean if you're spending money on shampoo and conditioner and maybe even treatments, you may as well protect your investment.

  • Look for Ingredients -  Now we all know that there are some certain ingredients in hair products that are particularly good for your hair and here are a few:



  1. Moroccan Oil - This particular oil is amazing as a serum (as pictured above) it moisturizes hair, reduces frizz, increases hair shine and offer UV protection.

  2.  Argan oil is able to help hydrate the hair in a natural way. It is able to stop the fly away of hair, the curliness and also the roughness of the hair in a natural and efficient way. It also contains Vitamin E which helps in repairing damaged hair.

  3. Keratin - Helps to soften and smooth hair while also repairing damage to the hair.

  4. Macadamia Oil - Another wonder oil which is great for eliminating frizz and detangling.



  • I personally love Moroccan Argan Oil Formulations and feel that they help quite efficiently with controlling my frizz and creating shine.


What are your hair secrets?


1 comment:

  1. I swear by Argan oil. I used to have a tub of it but I left it behind me in a hotel over the summer, I was devastated when I realised, but maybe now someone has fabulous hair because of me!

    ReplyDelete