Pages

 photo Home2_zps584dacc9.jpg  photo AboutMe_zps9f51f715.jpg  photo Discla_zps31000308.jpg

Saturday 7 December 2013

Vans Warped Tour '13 - #Blogmas

© Kane Hibberd

There's been an OOTD and a haul, now it's time to tell you what actually went down on Friday 29th November 2013. My sister and I woke up at around 7amish to get ready for our big day and we were out the door and on a bus by 8:30. We got to the RNA Showgrounds at around 10:00 and there was already a lot of people there but we had had some forethought and bought 3 cans of food so we could skip the queue. Once getting in we ran swiftly to the merchandise stall to pick out the good ones and then sat down and guzzled some energy drinks. 

The first band we saw was Take Us To Vegas, who were a local band and they were surprisingly good. Following them was The Dangerous Summer and Elizabeth and I were quite shocked since the lead singer/bass player was a doppleganger for my boyfriend, Alex. It was eerily creepy. Also the drummer has really captivating and funny mannerisms and we couldn't stop laughing.

© Kane Hibberd

Tonight Alive was the one band I was most anticipating and well not many words could describe how happy I was to see them live. Jenna had such amazing stage presence and her hair was soooo cool. After all the dancing and singing we took a small break and had some food. We were very glad that we bought our own food since everything was extremely overpriced, for example, a bottle of water was $5! The next band we saw was Hands like Houses and I hadn't listened to them before we came, but my sister insisted that they were really good and Alex had told me that I should see them. Well to my surprise they were AMAZING! I fell in love with them instantly and am currently obsessed with them. 
 © Kane Hibberd

After all that excitement we were exhausted and we didn't really know many other bands so we decided to take the afternoon really slow. We had a rest in the shade while The Used and New Found Glory Played and they were pretty good, but I was so hot and tired to really pay attention. Both of us were so tired so we tried to waste a bit of time before Simple Plan came on. It was really nice to lie on the grass and have a little chill. 

Simple Plan came on stage and the whole crowd was buzzing it was amazing and they had an amazing set and Elizabeth and I got really into it. After Simple Plan was The Offspring and although I really wanted to see them, there was this small UK band, Mallory Knox, that was playing on the small stage while The Offspring and Parkway Drive were on. We were both already really obsessed with this band before going to their show and boy were we glad we went to theirs instead of the other two artists. We knew all their songs and because there was less than 30 people there we were right up the front and they saw us. After their set they came down from the stage and gave us some high fives and I got to meet the lead singer and the bassist and they were amazing people and so profoundly complimented by us actually knowing their songs and coming to their set. There was a small break between Mallory Knox and Anarbor and we got to hear two songs by The Offspring, "Spare me the Details" and "Why don't you get a job?".  Anarbor were amazing and since the crowd was still pretty tiny we got to get up pretty close. A highlight from them was that they did an amazing cover of Nirvana's "Smells Like Teen Spirit" and I was so happy :)
  
The night rapped up at 10pm and Elizabeth and I were dying to get home and just drop dead into our beds. Altogether it was an amazing day and I doubt I will ever forget it.

What's your favourite concert/music festival memory? I would love to hear your thoughts :)
xoxo - Happy Holidays 

No comments:

Post a Comment