Pages

 photo Home2_zps584dacc9.jpg  photo AboutMe_zps9f51f715.jpg  photo Discla_zps31000308.jpg

Wednesday 11 December 2013

Date Night: Japanese Food & Gelato - #Blogmas

Hello Lovelies,


If you read my weekly lustables from last week I mentioned Wagaya and that Alex and I went on a date, well now I'm gonna let you know what we did and share a handful of photos of our wonderful night. We started off with a drive into the city and it was just a gorgeous night, wonderful traffic too, so good that we got there a little before our reservation. So we walked around the Valley for awhile and then decided to go into the restaurant a few minutes earlier.

Wagaya is a very unique restaurant as it has a lot of little secluded booths with a touch screen at the end of the table. You use the touch screen to order your food and then the screen tells you the status of the food. The main way to order is to get a handful of dishes, since they are relatively cheap and small. We had looked at the menu earlier in the day since Alex had never eaten Japanese before and I had, there were a few things I wanted to suggested. We ended up getting
  • Tonkatsu Kushiage - which was deep fried pork
  • Takoyaki - these are AMAZING deep fried octopus
  • Yakitori - marinated chicken skewers
  • Ox Tongue - a lot of people get weirded out by the sound of this but it really is amazing, and I would definitely recommend.
  • Eel Tempura - can I just say YUMMM
  • Chicken Nankotu - Now when we ordered this we though it was just chicken pieces but it was actually soft bones that you ate, there was chicken as well, eating this was definitely an experience.
Here's some pictures, I didn't get images of everything since I dug into the food too quickly:
 (At the top is the Yakitori and the bottom is the ox tongue)

(This was the eel tempura)

After this amazing dinner we headed downstairs and when we were walking around earlier that night I spotted a gelato place and we ended up getting some. We each picked a flavour then shared the cup since we were really full from dinner. I picked Ferraro Rocher and Alex picked Cherry Ripe. After we got the gelato we walked around the valley and it was really lovely. 
  
What's your favourite cuisine? I'd love to hear your thoughts :)
xoxo - Happy Holidays



No comments:

Post a Comment