Pages

 photo Home2_zps584dacc9.jpg  photo AboutMe_zps9f51f715.jpg  photo Discla_zps31000308.jpg

Wednesday 1 January 2014

2014 Inspiration - #2014BloggerChallenge


2013 was such an amazing year, if I do say so myself. It was filled with new friends, new loves, new adventures such as uni and music festivals and of course, blogging. I couldn't be more thankful for such an amazing year, also seeing as it was my first year out of high school and my inaugural year into the real world. And with such a wonderful year, it's hard to say goodbye, so a change of perspective is needed, no goodbyes, only hellos. So it's time to welcome 2014.

Now there is one event that is happening in 2014 that is literally my entire inspiration to make changes for the better in my life. A couple of weeks ago I got a phone call which literally made me jump for joy, my sister rang me and to be honest I wasn't quite sure why at first, since my mum was crazy busy with work and my siblings hardly find a reason to call me, when they know I'll be home within hours. She immediately told me that my mum had finally had a break from work at 3am that morning and starting planning some crazy holiday (which is literally her favourite pastime) whose plans normally get forgotten through a night of sleep or become financially unreasonable. Since my mum was so dead from work when my sister said, mum is booking a holiday, I assumed it was down the coast for the weekend or something along the likes. Instead she replied with, "Mum wants to know if you're okay with a Caribbean cruise late next year, with of course, a week and a bit in Disney World?",  I swear for a few seconds I went into shock, this wasn't actually happening. Of course I answered and was like HECK YEAH!

Here's a little back story, when I was little, around 8 years old, my mum told me to find a place in the world and make a little report on it as a holiday activity. I had no idea Walt Disney World existed and when I discovered it, I spent not just the rest of my holidays researching but the rest of life until now, preparing a trip, that in my eyes, was never going to eventuate.

You could definitely say that I'm excited and it has really enthused my entire family to make some new directions for 2014.

 Personally I'm not one for making a whole heap of resolutions that I drop after a week, take last year for example, my goals were to make friends and to live a little, to practically embrace uni life and take it by the helm. I ultimately did those and I think the pitfall of making yearly goals is making too many or ones that are unachievable. Keeping in mind Disney World and the Caribbean I've set myself some goals to work towards an amazing reward.


Like almost every other person in the world, I aspire to get fitter and hopefully loose a bit of weight in the new year. Now I know this one is more likely to be achievable this year than any other, this due to me beginning to exercise and eat healthier during last year. And also because I enjoy exercising, I don't see this consuming me or becoming something I give up on easily. 


This is a given when you are planning on going on a big overseas holiday, but to save money and hopefully get a job. I've been on a job hunt for awhile now and had a few interviews here and there but nothing ever eventuated, hopefully 2014 will be the year. I also hope to get better grades, but they are already quite good, so it's more about getting involved with uni events.



Now my inspiration for 2014 is clearly my holiday at the end of the year that will motivate me and I suppose we all have our reasons for why we make goals or our inspiration for positive change, my only message and motivator is to not give up. Every year we are faced with challenges and most times they are unavoidable, but we set these goals so that we can achieve something and that feeling of reaching that point is what will make those tribulations simply disappear.

I wish each and everyone of you an amazing 2014 and I hope that what ever it is that you set your mind to this year, that you don't give up and make this year, one you'll never forget.

xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Disney World!! I am so jealous :)! Your quote "Don't give up" has just made me realise that I should get rid of my negative thoughts and my "why am I botherings" about what is happening next month and start thinking positively about it. So thank you, it's just what I need right now :)!

    I hope that you manage to save loads of money for your adventure fund so you can make loads of fantastic memories of your trip. Xx

    wantingtobeadomesticgoddess.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh so jel! My family have just come back from the Maldives and OMG it looks gorgeous!
    Your post has made me feel much more positive on the year to come! I need to write mine, left it sooo late :(

    Daisy x
    www.daisydaisyxxo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete