Pages

 photo Home2_zps584dacc9.jpg  photo AboutMe_zps9f51f715.jpg  photo Discla_zps31000308.jpg

Tuesday 7 January 2014

Favourite Makeup Products 2013


Hello Lovelies,

I know I'm a little behind the gun when it comes to doing favourites, but I think it's a good idea to share my makeup favourites for last year. I've picked one or two for each category so that you're not bombarded with a million favourites, these are just my extremely loved and worn products of 2013. This post is just makeup, I did have a few skincare favourites but not enough to justify making a whole other post, and plus I don't have the bottle anymore for my favourite cleanser of 2013 (which was Philosophy's Purity Cleanser).

 Foundation
This would have to be, hands down, the best foundation I used all last year. Of course it's Revlon's Colorstay, I'm in the shade 200 Nude and this shade suits my skin perfectly. I've never had a better coverage or consistency with any other foundation. It is extremely durable and managed to endure Australia's hot summers and long ass uni days, so it definitely deserves an award.

Concealer 
I tried waaaayyyy too many concealers last year but the winner was actually one I'd bought the year before and had been hiding in my makeup kit, and it is Estee Lauder's Creme Concealer. It is the only concealer I tried that had full coverage. I mainly used this under my eyes but it also worked wonders on blemishes and redness.

Powder
If you know me at all, you'd know that I'm sort of a powder hound, I go through them with lightning speed and can definitely pick a good one from a bad or mediocre one. Last year's winner definitely went to Rimmel's Stay Matte Powder, as you can see, it saw many a day and is need of a repurchase. It's so amazing due to the fact that it does indeed keep my face matte, which is a problem being an oily skin girl who lives in one of the hottest and not to mention humid places.

Blush
This is another product that saw a lot of light in the year of 2013 and it is MaxFactor's Flawless Perfection Blush in 220 Classic Rose. I swear I reach for this blush every day and have to tell myself that it's okay to use another one, I'm seriously attached to it. I've had this one for so long, I'm not even sure you can buy it anymore!


Bronzer
Well this was a no-brainer, I've mentioned this bronzer more times then I can remember. I learnt how to contour and work with bronzers and highlighters in 2013 and the Maybelline Fit Me Bronzer in Light Bronze has been just a treat. Since I'm quite pale it works wonders with my complexion and really helps create a natural glow.

Highlighter
I don't own many highlighters but boy am I glad I own The Balm's Mary Lou-Manizer, it works really well on accentuating my cheekbones and I'm going to be devastated when I run out of this amazing product.
Eyeliner
There may be a slight chance that I hoard eyeliners but by far my favourite and most used eyeliner is my K-Palette one that I got in Singapore. It's a pen/brush eyeliner and the pigmentation is wonderful and it never moves, and I mean that it takes me so long to get it off. I think this product is the sole reason I learnt how to do winged eyeliner.

Mascara
Now this is a little controversial since a lot of people loved the Clump Crusher and a heap hated it, me personally, I loved it. Works perfectly with my lashes and gives them amazing length and volume without clumping and still keeps them relatively natural.

Lips
Although I have loved some lip liners I've narrowed the lips category down to three products and they are Maybelline ColorSensational in 912 Electric Orange, MAC in House Wine and the Nivea Fruity Shine in Strawberry. All three of these are amazing, I'd probably say that house wine is my most worn shade of 2013.

Eyeshadows
This was a given and I suppose it comes to no surprise that the Urban Decay Naked Palette is my favourite palette and contains my most used eyeshadows of 2013. I'm not going to go into why it's so amazing because you've all probably heard it before.

Brushes
The Model's Prefer Crease Brush and the Revlon Smokey Eye Brush have been my favourite brushes for this year. Using the crease brush has made blending so much easier and I have a full review of the Revlon brush here.

So those are my makeup favourites of 2013, I can't wait to see what products I fall in love with this year. Don't forget to enter my giveaway which is still running and is open internationally. You can find it here.

What were your favourites of 2013? I'd love to know
xoxo 

1 comment:

  1. I haven't really dabbled in highlighters as I have quite olivey colour skin and I always think they would do nothing for me. Praphs I will try that one. x

    daisy//daisydaisyxxo

    ReplyDelete