Pages

 photo Home2_zps584dacc9.jpg  photo AboutMe_zps9f51f715.jpg  photo Discla_zps31000308.jpg

Wednesday 15 January 2014

Sheet Masks Vs. Mud Masks - #2014BloggerChallenge

 Skincare isn't just for cleaning, in my opinion, it's also to treat the skin and one of the best ways to treat your face is by using a mask. I haven't tried many but I own and have tried two types of masks and both have their pros and cons. Of course these are subject to the two products mentioned, which are the Beauty Diary Black Pearl Masks and the Formula 10.0.6 Pores Be Pure Mud Mask.

Beauty Diary Black Pearl Masks
These are a little interesting, I had heard them raved about by beauty YouTubers and thought that when I went to Asia I'd pick some up. I actually got to try one when I was still traveling and well it honestly felt like a pro facial, I'll admit I did look a little strange though. The Black Pearl Mask specifically targets dehydrated skin and contains deep sea red algae and mallow extracts to restore the natural moisture in the face. These are sheet masks, so when you open the little sachet you pull out a folded sheet that resembles (I say that lightly) a face. They leave space for your eyes and mouth and have tabs to pull over your ears. The sheet is soaked in the product and therefore they are a little runny and there is a potential of them getting a little messy. It's suggested to leave them on for 20-30 minutes, so it's perfect if you're watching tv. The time frame is a little longer than other masks, but the results are amazing! My skin feels so replenished and soft and I instantly want to do it again!

Formula 10.0.6 Pores Be Pure Mask
I got this beauty a while back and have tried it a handful of times. It mainly targets clogged pores and eliminating impurities in the skin. The smell is amazing, since it has strawberry and yarrow in it. With this mask you apply a thin layer of the product over the face and then let it sit for 10-15 mins. During this time the product hardens up on your face and it feels so incredibly weird, since you can hardly move your face! After that you follow up with a warm water rinse and then finish with some moisturizer (if that's your thing) since this targets clarifying and doesn't replenish any moisture.

Both types of masks are brilliant and each types will have masks that suit different skin concerns. The Black Pearl Masks are great for rehydrating but suck up a lot of time whereas the Pores be Pure one is wonderful at unclogging pores and it relatively quick and simple. So if you're time pressured I'd suggest a mud mask, but for a real treat; sheet masks are a luxury.

What do you do to treat your skin? I'd love to hear your thoughts :)
xoxo

4 comments:

  1. Love your Post.

    www.sheronindiediamond.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those sheet masks sound great! After reading this, I've had a good nosey on the internet and really tempted to buy some, even though I have about five other face masks on the go at the moment!
    Laura x | My Life in a Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love using a sheet mask to hydrate my skin, I usually just use a mud mask for pull the impurites from my skin. Great post!

    xo Franchesca
    cityymermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all kind of masks, I have more that 7 different ones but I'm very lazy to use them. I tell myself to do it once a week but no luck there. I just used the Glamglow yesterday but it had been maybe 3 weeks since I last used a mask. I use them more often in the summer as it kind of refreshes your skin a bit and helps combat the heat.

    ReplyDelete