Pages

 photo Home2_zps584dacc9.jpg  photo AboutMe_zps9f51f715.jpg  photo Discla_zps31000308.jpg

Monday 26 August 2013

Revlon Nearly Naked Foundation and Powder - First Impression

Revlon Nearly Naked

This starts off a little sad since the main reason I was even looking for a new foundation is because I'm nearly finished with my bottle of Revlon Colorstay which as you all know, is amazing and I absolutely love it. I was seriously just going into Priceline to get a refill but their new foundation and powder combination caught my eye. One, because they had a special to get both items for $30 which is crazy since each product retails for about $26 each so I was stoked and jumped at the purchased and two, because from all previous experience with Revlon foundations, I was fairly certain that I would like their new line.

With every makeup purchase comes a makeup promise and with Revlon's Nearly Naked foundation and powder there is no exception. Revlon's byline for this foundation is:
"Makeup so refreshingly light, it melts right in, creating a fresh even look. So the only one that knows you are wearing makeup is you. Blends seamlessly, buildable coverage."

Alongside the ad campaign featuring Emma Stone, I was drawn in and their promise of a 'nearly naked' finish that is also buildable.

When I met inside Priceline with the product line I was firstly impressed with the very helpful color wheel that accompanied the display as well as readily available and well labeled testers. I also pulled out my phone and went on their site to ensure that I picked up the right shade, which happens to be 130 Shell for the foundation and 010 Fair for the powder.

In regards to the packaging, I think that the simplistic design is great and very appealing to the eye but I must say that I am quite disappointed that there is no pump included but I suppose with such a lightweight formula is might've been hard to include it. The powder's packaging is a little big for my taste since I do like putting my powders in my purse when I'm on the go but it is very consistent with the foundation is staying simplistic and nice on the eye. My only bad thing to say in regards to the packaging of the powder is the little powder puff that's included has kind sharp edges, so learn from my experience, only press down, don't swipe underneath your eyes.

Today was the first time I used both products separately and together and I feel that I'm just going to fall head over heals for this one just as I did with Colorstay. The coverage is medium to light but definitely buildable and from the small amount I poured onto my hand (about 10-20 cent coin size) I felt that I got adequate coverage. Paired with the powder, everything just came together and it added a sense of being polished but at the same time flawless. I didn't find it cakey at all but I suppose on the amount of product you use that might change. I have oily/combination skin and I felt that at the same time is was controlling the oils it wasn't bringing out any of my dry patches.

In my opinion, this foundation and powder combination is perfect for people that want light to medium coverage that would be perfect for everyday work/school wear.

No comments:

Post a Comment