Pages

 photo Home2_zps584dacc9.jpg  photo AboutMe_zps9f51f715.jpg  photo Discla_zps31000308.jpg

Tuesday 13 August 2013

Review: Revlon Double Ended Smokey Eye Brush

300So you may have seen that I bought this and featured in one of my recent hauls, and I only have good news about this brush. Now I don't own that many brushes but when it comes to eyeliner brushes I've tried a few and well the ones that normally come with gel liners are too thick and sometimes with liquid liners the control is just too tricky (well maybe just with me). This brush is amazing. 10/10. I just picked it up because of the sale that was on and boy am I flippin' glad for it.

Initially I used it purely for gel eyeliner since I was disappointed with the brush that came with the Maybelline gel liner and I found it so much easier to apply and the control made it better it make it easier to build, just in case I felt like going a little out of the norm of a simple wing. In this instance I am talking about the angled end of the brush. The bristles are very thin but like I already mentioned the ability to build is very easy. I gave it a wash and then tried it with eye shadows the other night to create a smokey eye and well I'm continuing the theme of "let's keep lovin this brush". I used it with some of my purple shadows and well it's just perfect for the looks I tend to go for.

On the other end, the rounded pencil brush, it is perfect for either blending upper lid liners/shadows but i much prefer to use it to blend lower lash shadows and liners to round out the eye look. It isn't too dense or sparse and works superbly, the shape is just brilliant.

The only thing slightly negative thing I have to mention about the brush is the fact that since it's double-ended when I place it in my brush holder I am scared about damaging the bristles of one end. Revlon did place a brush cover for the shader end and I recommend keeping that so that the brush is protected.

All in All 10/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment