Pages

 photo Home2_zps584dacc9.jpg  photo AboutMe_zps9f51f715.jpg  photo Discla_zps31000308.jpg

Friday 18 October 2013

Pop Art Inspired Makeup Look/Tutorial - #Bloggoween

 (Natural Lighting)

(With Flash)
Now don't freak out, I did not cut my hair off, I was still wearing my hair in a bob from doing the Snow White makeup, which will go up in a post shortly after this one. Bloggoween is finally here and I know I might be a little in posting but because of time zones I think now is a pretty appropriate time to post the three looks I've prepared. 

This is my first look, a pop art inspired one. I opted out of doing a full face of dots and went for something a little simpler. I have to admit I didn't do the best job I could've done, but unfortunately I was using one of my lesser quality eyeliners when I was doing this look and it started loosing pigmentation and I didn't want to start again so I settled for this final result, as I think it gives the general idea and my personal interpretation of the popular look that's going around.

So you wanna know how I did it?
Started off with my normal foundation routine and very simple contouring which I will mention more with the Snow White look since it's more important for that makeup look. 
I filled in my brows with black and personally I think this will look much better on someone with brows that are less thick, but I'm not complaining.
Red lips are semi iconic for this style and I stayed with the tradition.
Now for the eyeliner! I liner around my lips then upper lash line, bridge of nose, around my nose, above my brows and in the hallows of my cheeks. You can totally add your own expression lines, it depends on what expression you want to convey, I went for mopey and sad. Then I marked the outline of the tears and filled them with a light blue eyeliner.

There's nothing too complicated about this look and it's very easy to make your own,  I love seeing other people's interpretations!

So what are you doing for Halloween? Feel free to leave a comment or share!
 

1 comment:

  1. Love it! The pop art look is great! I did attest the dots myself but my face paint turned out to me more like a pack of wax crayons! Can't wait to read the others :-)

    ReplyDelete