Pages

 photo Home2_zps584dacc9.jpg  photo AboutMe_zps9f51f715.jpg  photo Discla_zps31000308.jpg

Tuesday 22 October 2013

DIY or DFY Beauty TAG

(Image property of Vanity Rouge)

So I saw this new TAG over at The Happy Sloth and I thought it was such a cool idea as well as good way to share what I do myself and what I don't. DIY if you weren't aware stands for Do It Yourself and DFY stands for Done For You. Let's get into the categories!

1. Brows
Suprise! I've never had my brows done by someone else before and I learnt off the internet. I have considered getting them done for special occasions but never got around to it. My eyebrows are somewhat sensitive so I like the fact that I'm in control of all the plucking motions. DIY for me!

2. Hair
Personally I'm a little bit in between the two, but I am definitely leaning more towards DFY mainly due to the many fails I've had when I've done stuff to my hair. A couple months ago I cut my own hair, and to be honest it was a big mistake I should've just gone to a salon.

3. Mani/Pedi
An infant could count the number of times I've had someone else do my nails; Once! It was for a special spa deal when I was on a cruise and to be honest there wasn't much difference from when I do it myself, except my cuticles hurt. DIY all the way!

4. Body Hair Removal
I've considered getting it done at a salon, but never had the guts! So I've always done it myself. In my personal opinion if I was to get any of my body waxed, I would go to a salon, but I can shave my legs fine with a razor. I also think that this kinda varies in regard to which body area you are wanting to remove hair, let's say it was a more delicate area (we all know what I'm talking about) I would definitely consider going to a salon since I wouldn't want to mess it up! So this is undecided it's a bit of both.

5. Makeup for a special Occasion
Half the reason I enjoy going to special occasions is the ritual of getting all dolled up so DIY all the way. I love creating a new look for a different occasion, it's half the fun.

6. Skincare
Even when my skin was at it's worse, I still preferred the routine and the control I get with getting to mix and match different items from varying brands so once again it's DIY.

Alrighty, I TAG anybody and everyone who reads this! Would love to
see your responses!

1 comment:

  1. The idea of getting body hair removal at salons kind of freak me out too, but maybe next summer... :S

    ReplyDelete