Pages

 photo Home2_zps584dacc9.jpg  photo AboutMe_zps9f51f715.jpg  photo Discla_zps31000308.jpg

Saturday 23 November 2013

How To: Groom/Tidy Your Eyebrows

Some may say I'm blessed with a nice set of full brows, but there is one major downside to this blessing, and that is they require a very strict routine to keep them in line. I went onto the internet and watched many tutorials in the beginning and how glad was I! After only a few I heard of a million horror stories of over plucking and getting them waxed into weird shapes. So I've combined a handful of techniques and tricks I found and I've heard shared around my girlfriends and I hope this tutorial will be a decent guide for anyone who is new to grooming their eyebrows. This is how I personally do them and I think this a pretty decent way to ensure that you don't over pluck and that you stay within the natural curve of your eyebrows.

What you'll need:
  • A pair of decent tweezers
  • Nail scissors (preferably the curved ones, they work best!)
  • Spooly Brush (the one shaped like a christmas tree)
  • A white eyeliner (Optional)
  • and of course.....a pair of unruly eyebrows.
 So here are my untouched eyebrows and since I've been so busy the last two weeks, they've been left to go unruly, which is kinda perfect for tutorial purposes.
Taking the spooly brush give your eyebrows a quick brush through and then push the eyebrow hairs upwards to see if they need to be trimmed. As you can see in the image above I had a substantial amount of hair to trim, since mine tend to grow long as well.
With those hair pushed up take the nail scissors and trim the hairs to the natural height of your eyebrow. The key with eyebrows is to keep them as close to their natural state as possible and just tidy.
If you're new to doing your eyebrows then using a white eyeliner is a good idea. The trick to it is to trace around the bulk/natural area of your eyebrow and go from there. By tracing with the eyeliner is shows clearly what hairs need to be removed and gives simple direction for when you start plucking.
Once you've traced around, take your tweezers and focus on a single hair that you want to remove. You may need to get super close to your mirror or use a compact mirror. Place the open tweezers at the base of the hair then clamp and pull. If the pain is too much you could ice the area before hand to numb the skin. Also if it's your first time, the sensation might be a bit surprising but it does get less intense the more times you've done it. Now just pluck the stray hairs that are covered by the eyeliner and that are outside it.
The area around your eyebrow may be a tad red and sore after but that fades soon after and is perfectly normal. All done!

How helpful did you find this tutorial? If you're more experience, how do you do your
eyebrows? I would love to hear your comments :)





1 comment:

  1. great post girl ! thanks for following my blog ! followed you back :) BTW you have a very cute blog !! XX
    www.ambifashion.com

    ReplyDelete