Pages

 photo Home2_zps584dacc9.jpg  photo AboutMe_zps9f51f715.jpg  photo Discla_zps31000308.jpg

Monday 10 February 2014

Miscellaneous Mondays - Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn


Hello Lovelies,

Some of you may know I've been reading Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn as of late and I finished it this morning and well even though it's over I can't get my mind off it. Simply put, this book quickly became one of the best books I've ever read. I loved every second.

Gone Girl is a psychological thriller about the disappearance of Amy Dunne on her 5th wedding anniversary and it's implications on her husband, Nick Dunne. The book is divided between the two characters, with real time action from Nick and diary entries from Amy. Before the disappearance both Amy and Nick were having some trouble's in their lives and especially in their marriage.

Both characters are created beautifully and are incredibly flawed people and each of their imperfections is part of what makes them so perfect for each other in such a weird and complicated way.

I'll try my best not to spoil anything since the twists and turns in this book is the reason why I was so hooked. I was changing my opinions and my alliances so quickly I didn't even know where the book was heading. The whole way through I felt like I knew the characters and I was drawn instinctively to their misfortunes.

Gone Girl had me yelling at every point of interest and I honestly couldn't put this down. I also wanted to tell everyone everything what was happening but every member of my family either wanted to read it themselves or wants to see the film adaption that's coming out later this year.

I definitely recommend this to anyone who loves a good mystery/crime book, it's so perfectly constructed that I sincerely tap my hat to Gillian Flynn.  

What have you been reading?
xoxo

1 comment:

  1. I'm definitely going to read this book! Your blog is so lovely. Followed you. Maybe we can follow each other. xx Tara
    thisindiansummer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete