Pages

 photo Home2_zps584dacc9.jpg  photo AboutMe_zps9f51f715.jpg  photo Discla_zps31000308.jpg

Tuesday 17 June 2014

L'Oreal False Lash Butterfly Wings Mascara Review


Hello Lovelies,

Exams are finally over and now with a month of holidays I aim to try and get back on top of blogging since as you know, I've been so incredibly slack, but to be honest I miss it and I really want to let you all know what I've been loving and hating. Even though I'm in crazy savings mode for my USA trip in December, I've been able to take advantage of some of the sales that Priceline have been having here and there. A couple of months ago I bought the L'Oreal False Lash Butterfly Wings mascara because there was a 40% sale on all cosmetics going on and since this mascara normally retails for $20-30 AUD I jumped at the chance to try it out. Because I've been using it for a while now I feel that I've definitely road tested it enough to give it a fair review.

Here's what L'Oreal claims about the mascara:

"Complete your winged eye look with volumised and fanned out lashes. False Lash Butterfly Wings mascara instantly volumises at the roots and stretches your lashes outwards for a winged eye effect."



First off the bat, I love the asymmetrical brush it's kind of brilliant, especially for giving extra volume for the outer lashes. I find that the formulation isn't clumpy and is extremely black, which is a big tick for me. In regards to completing a winged eye look, it definitely enhances one but I find that this mascara is perfect for any type of semi dramatic to hella dramatic eye look. The lasting power is pretty great which is either a good or bad thing depending on preference. For instance I love that it lasts all day but I dislike that it will take forever to come off. I think this mascara is best for the top lashes since I find that using on the bottom lashes it lengthens them a little too much and i tend to get a lot of mascara under my eye.

Summary:

Formulation: 9/10
Brush: 8/10 (love it for the top, but doesn't work that well for bottom lashes)
Lasting and holding Power: 8/10
Shade: 10/10 (blackest black ever, really darkens those little babies)

Total: 8.75

I would totally repurchase this mascara or at least another L'Oreal mascara since this is the first one that I've bought and well I love it, almost as much as Maybelline's Falsies!!!

What mascara are you loving at the moment?
xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Every time I see this mascara in Boots I want to pick it up but I wasn't sure if it would be good - since I've seen almost no reviews on it. But I think I might pick it up next time I see it. 20/30$ seems so high! I think it is quite high in price in the UK considering its drugstore - £10.99 I think it is. xx

    ReplyDelete